It is recommended to read paper written by Forney [For70]
and a suitable chapter concerning convolutional codes and the Viterbi
algorithm from one of the books.
- [And91] J.B. Anderson, S. Mohan, "Source
and Chnnel Coding,"Kluver 1991.
- [Bos99] Martin Bossert, "Channel Coding
for Telecommunications," John Wiley 1999.
- [Eli54] P. Elias, Error-free coding,"
IRE Tr. Information Theory," IT-4, pp. 29-37, 1954
- [For70] D. G. Forney, "Convolutional
codes I: algebraic structure," IEEE Trans, Inform. Theory,
Vol. IT-16, pp. 720-738, Nov. 1970.
- [For73] G. D. Forney, "The Viterbi
algorithm", Proc. IEEE, 61, pp. 268-278, March 1973
- [Han02] L. Hanzo, T. H. Liew, B. L. Yeap,
"Turbo Coding, Turbo Equalization and Space-Time Coding for
Transmission over Fading Channel," John Wiley 2002.
- [Lin83] S. Lin, D. J. Costello, "Error
control coding," Prentice Hall, 1983
- [Ree99] I. S. Reed, X. Chen, "Error-Control
Coding for Data Networks,"Kluver 99 .
- [Vit67] A.J. Viterbi, "Error bounds
for convolutional codes and an asymptotically optimum decoding
algorithm," IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, Vol. IT-13, pp. 260-269,
- [Vuc01] B. Vucetic, J. Yuan, "Turbo
Codes, Principles and Applicatons," Kluver 2001.
- [Ung76] G. Ungerboeck, “Channel Coding
with Multilevel/Phase Signals,” IEEE Trans. Information
Theory, vol. IT-28, pp.55-67, Jan. 1976.
- [Ung87] G. Ungerboeck, “Trellis-Coded
Modulation with Redundant Signal Sets. Part I: Introduction. Part
II: State of the Art” IEEE Communication Magazine, vol.
25, No. 2, pp. 5-21, Feb. 1987
- [Vuc01] Branka Vucetic, Jinhong Yuan, Turbo
Codes, Principles and Applications, KAP, 2001.
- [Bah74] L. R. Bahl, J. Cocke, F. Jelinek,
and J. Raviv, “Optimal decoding of linear codes for minimizing
symbol error rate,” IEEE Trans. Inform. Theory, vol. IT-20,
pp. 284-287, 1974.
- [Vit98] Andrew J. Viterbi, “An intuitive
Justification and a Simplified Implementation of a MAP Decoder
for Convolutional Codes,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas
in Communications, vol. 16, No. 2, Feb. 1998, pp. 260-264.
- [Hag89] J. Hagenauer and P. Hoeher, “A
Viterbi algorithm with soft-decision outputs and its applications,”
in Proc. IEEE GLOBECOM, Dallas, TX, 1989, pp. 47.1.1-47.1.7.